The Beatles topped the bill at the 1964-65 New Musical Express Annual Poll-Winners' All-Star Concert. It was the third consecutive year they appeared at the event, held at the Empire Pool in Wembley, London.
The Beatles' set was broadcast on television in the United Kingdom on 18 April 1965.
Also on this day...
- 1969: UK single release: Get Back
- 1967: Paul McCartney performs with Brian Wilson and John and Michelle Phillips
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Got To Get You Into My Life, Love You To
- 1965: Television: The Eamonn Andrews Show
- 1963: Live: Co-operative Hall, Middleton
- 1963: UK single release: From Me To You
- 1963: John Lennon sees his son Julian for the first time
- 1962: John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Pete Best fly to Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.