Following two weeks of filming Help! in the Bahamas, The Beatles began work on scenes in the snowy climes of Austria.
Filming began outside the Hotel Edelweiss in Obertauern, where they stayed until they left the country on 22 March 1965. An unused scene involving toboggan hire was shot, after which The Beatles were filmed falling backwards into snow.
Other scenes were filmed on this day of The Beatles’ stand-ins riding a horse-drawn sleigh. The doubles were Cliff Diggins, Mick Dillon, Peter Cheevers and Joe Dunne.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Pala Casino, Pala, California
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Wolverhampton
- 1963: Editing, mixing: From Me To You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.