The second day of filming for Help! in Austria took place on the ski slopes in Obertauern, Austria.
The Beatles and their stand-in doubles – Cliff Diggins, Mick Dillon, Peter Cheevers and Joe Dunne – were filmed skiing and on ski lifts. Scenes on the latter were completed on the following day.
Last updated: 15 May 2010
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Pearl Concert Theater, Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas
- 1984: US single release: I’m Stepping Out by John Lennon
- 1970: Filming: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1968: UK single release: Lady Madonna
- 1967: Recording: Within You Without You
- 1966: The Beatles fail to win any Grammy Awards
- 1965: Mixing: Ticket To Ride
- 1963: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Stuart Sutcliffe travels to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.