The eighth date of The Beatles’ UK tour with Roy Orbison was a homecoming show at Liverpool’s Empire Theatre.
The group hadn’t performed in the city for over six weeks; an unusual turn of events, but a taste of things to come. As they became more popular and the tour dates were spread further across the world, it became less common for The Beatles to appear in Liverpool.
They performed seven songs at the Empire Theatre: ‘Some Other Guy’, ‘Do You Want To Know A Secret’, ‘Love Me Do’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘Please Please Me’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Last updated: 14 November 2014
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: FedExForum, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1980: US album release: McCartney II by Paul McCartney
- 1975: US single release: Listen To What The Man Said by Wings
- 1969: John and Yoko’s second bed-in for peace: Montreal
- 1969: US album release: Unfinished Music No.2: Life With The Lions by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: US album release: Electronic Sound by George Harrison
- 1966: Recording: Yellow Submarine
- 1965: The Beatles (Invite You To Take A Ticket To Ride) – the final BBC radio session
- 1964: John and Cynthia Lennon, George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to London from Tahiti
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Town Hall, Forres, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.