The fifth date of The Silver Beetles’ tour of Scotland with Liverpudlian singer Johnny Gentle.
By this point the group had run out of money, despite calling tour promoter Larry Parnes daily. The next day they drove off from their hotel, The Royal Station, without paying the bill.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: FedExForum, Memphis, Tennessee
- 1980: US album release: McCartney II by Paul McCartney
- 1975: US single release: Listen To What The Man Said by Wings
- 1969: John and Yoko’s second bed-in for peace: Montreal
- 1969: US album release: Unfinished Music No.2: Life With The Lions by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- 1969: US album release: Electronic Sound by George Harrison
- 1966: Recording: Yellow Submarine
- 1965: The Beatles (Invite You To Take A Ticket To Ride) – the final BBC radio session
- 1964: John and Cynthia Lennon, George Harrison and Pattie Boyd fly to London from Tahiti
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.