The Beatles appeared five times on the BBC Light Programme’s radio show Here We Go (initially known as Teenager’s Turn – Here We Go). This was the final occasion.
The session took place at the Playhouse Theatre in Manchester, and the producer was Peter Philbeam. The Beatles began rehearsing at 4pm, and between 8pm and 8.45pm recorded ‘I Saw Her Standing There’, ‘Misery’, ‘Do You Want To Know A Secret’, and ‘Please Please Me’.
The show was broadcast from 5pm on Tuesday 12 March 1963. All the songs apart from ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ were included.
Last updated: 26 May 2020
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Centro Comercial Bima Outlet Autopista Norte, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1970: Mixing: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Recording: You Always Hurt The One You Love by Ringo Starr
- 1970: UK single release: Let It Be
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher holiday in Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.