Room Four, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Stereo mixes were made of four songs: ‘Bye Bye Blackbird’, ‘Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing’, ‘Whispering Grass’, and ‘You Always Hurt The One You Love’.
Copies of Starr’s album were pressed quickly, and released later in March 1970 in the United Kingdom.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Centro Comercial Bima Outlet Autopista Norte, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1970: Recording: You Always Hurt The One You Love by Ringo Starr
- 1970: UK single release: Let It Be
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher holiday in Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Radio: Here We Go
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.