Day five of the filming for A Hard Day's Night, The Beatles' debut feature film.
As on the previous three days, the group boarded a train at Acton Main Line in west London, to film railway scenes for the early part of the film. On this day their train travelled between London and Newton Abbot in the county of Devon.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Centro Comercial Bima Outlet Autopista Norte, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1970: Mixing: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Recording: You Always Hurt The One You Love by Ringo Starr
- 1970: UK single release: Let It Be
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher holiday in Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1963: Radio: Here We Go
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.