This was the fourth day of filming for The Beatles’ début feature film A Hard Day’s Night.
On this day The Beatles boarded a train at Acton Main Line station in west London. They travelled between London and Taunton, Somerset, filming the railway sequences in the early part of the film.
With filming over, The Beatles returned to Westbourne Park Station in London. They later had drinks with Jeffrey Archer at the Oxford Sportsmen’s club and were then entertained at Brasenose College to mark the group’s fundraising assistance for Oxfam’s 21st anniversary celebrations, organised by Archer. Brian Epstein was also in attendance.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Release date for The Beatles: Rock Band announced
- 2009: Paul McCartney to headline meditation benefit concert
- 1970: Recording: Whispering Grass, Bye Bye Blackbird by Ringo Starr
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1963: Recording: From Me To You, Thank You Girl, One After 909
- 1963: Photo session in London
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.