Morgan Studios, London
Producer: George Martin
The final recording session for Ringo Starr's debut solo album Sentimental Journey took place on this day.
The backing track and vocals for You Always Hurt The One You Love had been recorded on 25 February 1970. During this 10am-midday session several instruments were overdubbed.
The recording had been arranged by jazz musician Johnny Dankworth, who on this day added a saxophone part. Also overdubbed were piano and drums.
The Sentimental Journey album was completed later that evening during a mixing session at EMI Studios, Abbey Road.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Centro Comercial Bima Outlet Autopista Norte, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1970: Mixing: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1970: UK single release: Let It Be
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher holiday in Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Radio: Here We Go
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.