This was the second time The Beatles performed at this club at 64 Fountain Street, Manchester; the first was in November 1961.
The venue was a coffee bar cellar club, a long narrow room with the stage at the far end. The club was run by Kennedy Street Enterprises and was part-owned by radio presenter Jimmy Savile.
In 1964 the Three Coins was taken over by new owner Barrie Collens and renamed Beat City.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Grammy Awards celebrate The Beatles in The Night That Changed America
- 1970: Recording: Instant Karma! by Plastic Ono Band
- 1970: Ringo Starr appears on Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In
- 1970: Mixing: The Inner Light
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 18
- 1968: Radio: The Kenny Everett Show
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1964: The Beatles at the George V Hotel, Paris
- 1964: US single release: My Bonnie/The Saints
- 1962: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.