This was The Beatles' 110th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club. It was also the 33rd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 186th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre, including evening shows.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, Michigan
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna, Austria
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Hard Rock Calling, Hyde Park, London
- 1968: Recording: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
- 1966: Travel: Hamburg, London, Alaska
- 1965: Live: Teatro Adriano, Rome, Italy
- 1964: Live: Majestic Theatre, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 1963: Lennon and McCartney finish writing She Loves You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.