On this day The Beatles’ 77th evening show at the Cavern Club took place. It was also the 33rd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 187th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, Michigan
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna, Austria
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Hard Rock Calling, Hyde Park, London
- 1968: Recording: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey
- 1966: Travel: Hamburg, London, Alaska
- 1965: Live: Teatro Adriano, Rome, Italy
- 1964: Live: Majestic Theatre, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 1963: Lennon and McCartney finish writing She Loves You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.