On this day The Beatles gave their 96th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club. It was also the 23rd occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 158th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre, including evening performances.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Tape copying: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1970: Mixing, editing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Dig A Pony, One After 909, I Me Mine, Across The Universe
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Getting Better
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: John Lennon’s In His Own Write is published
- 1964: US EP release: The Beatles
- 1964: US single release: Do You Want To Know A Secret
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club. Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.