Studio Three, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Paul McCartney
The session was booked from 3-7pm, under the pseudonym Billy Martin. McCartney used the name for all the album sessions at EMI and Morgan Studios.
During the session he made copies of all the songs from the album, and took away the final mixes. The album was released by Apple on 17 April 1970.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Mixing, editing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Dig A Pony, One After 909, I Me Mine, Across The Universe – Phil Spector’s first Let It Be session
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Getting Better
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: John Lennon’s In His Own Write is published
- 1964: US EP release: The Beatles
- 1964: US single release: Do You Want To Know A Secret
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club. Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.