Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer, engineer: Peter Vince
During this session, which ran from 7pm to 3.45am, the vocals were finally completed. Producer George Martin and balance engineer Geoff Emerick were both unavailable, so Peter Vince stood in for both roles.
Afterwards a reduction mix, numbered take 15, was made, and combined the two vocal tracks. Further overdubs recorded during the session included handclaps, congas, piano and electric guitar, all heard on the right channel of the stereo mix of the song.
The session ended after three mono mixes of Getting Better were made. These were numbered 1-3. The stereo mix was made on 17 April 1967.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Tape copying: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1970: Mixing, editing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Dig A Pony, One After 909, I Me Mine, Across The Universe
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: John Lennon’s In His Own Write is published
- 1964: US EP release: The Beatles
- 1964: US single release: Do You Want To Know A Secret
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club. Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.