This was the second consecutive stereo mixing session for the Sgt Pepper album, and saw four songs completed.
The final task of the session was an edit of She’s Leaving Home, after which the song was complete.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Defensores del Chaco, Asunción, Paraguay
- 1970: UK album release: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1966: Recording: Doctor Robert
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Luton
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.