The Beatles’ first concert in Luton, Bedfordshire, took place on 17 April 1963. They returned to the town on two subsequent occasions, but never to the Majestic Ballroom.
The ballroom stood on Mill Street. It later became a bingo hall, but was destroyed by fire in 1982.
The setlist for the show, handwritten by Paul McCartney, was auctioned by Bonhams in London on 28 October 2021. According to the setlist, The Beatles performed the following songs at the Luton show:
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Defensores del Chaco, Asunción, Paraguay
- 1970: UK album release: McCartney by Paul McCartney
- 1967: Mixing: Getting Better, She’s Leaving Home, When I’m Sixty-Four, Lovely Rita
- 1966: Recording: Doctor Robert
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.