The Beatles gave their 40th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 56th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Olivia Harrison wins Friar Park fence battle
- 1969: Recording: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: Paul and Linda McCartney attend the UK première of Midnight Cowboy
- 1969: Mixing: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: Editing, recording, mixing: Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- 1967: Recording, mixing: The Fool On The Hill
- 1967: Editing: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1965: The Beatles’ cartoon series begins in the United States
- 1962: Live: Heswall Jazz Club, Wirral
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.