This was The Beatles’ 40th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Olivia Harrison wins Friar Park fence battle
- 1969: Recording: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: Paul and Linda McCartney attend the UK première of Midnight Cowboy
- 1969: Mixing: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: Editing, recording, mixing: Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- 1967: Recording, mixing: The Fool On The Hill
- 1967: Editing: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1965: The Beatles’ cartoon series begins in the United States
- 1962: Live: Heswall Jazz Club, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.