This was the fifth occasion on which The Beatles performed both lunchtime and evening shows in the same day at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 28th lunchtime show, and their 38th appearance overall at the underground venue on Mathew Street.
Also on this day...
- 2018: John Lennon’s Imagine to be reissued as super deluxe box set
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Back In The USSR
- 1967: Recording: Your Mother Should Know
- 1966: Live: Shea Stadium, New York
- 1965: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Interview: John Lennon and Ringo Starr in Los Angeles
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: UK single release: She Loves You
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: John Lennon marries Cynthia Powell
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.