23 August 1963 was the fifth of The Beatles’ six consecutive dates in the English seaside town of Bournemouth.
They played two houses on each night. Also on the bill were Tommy Quickly and Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas.
The Beatles stayed at the Palace Court hotel on each night of the residency.
Also on this day...
- 2018: John Lennon’s Imagine to be reissued as super deluxe box set
- 1974: John Lennon: ‘On the 23rd Aug. 1974 at 9 o’clock I saw a UFO’
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Back In The USSR
- 1967: Recording: Your Mother Should Know
- 1966: Live: Shea Stadium, New York
- 1965: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Interview: John Lennon and Ringo Starr in Los Angeles
- 1963: UK single release: She Loves You
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: John Lennon marries Cynthia Powell
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.