This was The Beatles’ seventh of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2018: John Lennon’s Imagine to be reissued as super deluxe box set
- 1974: John Lennon: ‘On the 23rd Aug. 1974 at 9 o’clock I saw a UFO’
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Back In The USSR
- 1967: Recording: Your Mother Should Know
- 1966: Live: Shea Stadium, New York
- 1965: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Interview: John Lennon and Ringo Starr in Los Angeles
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: UK single release: She Loves You
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: John Lennon marries Cynthia Powell
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.