This was The Beatles' sixth of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2012: John Lennon’s killer denied parole for seventh time
- 2012: Magical Mystery Tour to be released on DVD and Blu-ray
- 1969: The Beatles’ final photo shoot
- 1968: Recording: Back In The USSR
- 1968: Ringo Starr quits The Beatles
- 1968: Cynthia Lennon sues John for divorce
- 1967: Recording: Your Mother Should Know
- 1966: Junior press conference: Warwick Hotel, New York City
- 1966: Press conference: Warwick Hotel, New York City
- 1965: Live: Memorial Coliseum, Portland, Oregon
- 1964: Live: Empire Stadium, Vancouver, Canada
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: Television: Day By Day
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime) – The Beatles’ first television appearance
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.