This was The Beatles’ fifth of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Mixing, editing: The End, You Never Give Me Your Money, Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Sexy Sadie
- 1968: George and Pattie Harrison return to England from Greece
- 1966: Live: Busch Stadium, St Louis
- 1966: Live: Crosley Field, Cincinnati
- 1965: Live: Metropolitan Stadium, Minneapolis
- 1964: Live: Coliseum, Seattle
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: Editing, mixing: With The Beatles
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.