This was The Beatles' fifth performance at the Cassanova Club, promoted by Sam R Leach. The date was rescheduled from 18 February, when The Beatles had originally been booked to perform.
The Cassanova Club was situated above Sampson & Barlow's Restaurant at 39 London Road, Liverpool. The club was previously sited in The Temple, Dale Street, Liverpool, but moved to this location on 9 February 1961.
The Beatles had performed at the Cassanova on the date of the original venue's opening (date unknown), but Ray McFall, owner of the Cavern Club, told them they were not allowed to play at both venues. The restriction was later lifted, and The Beatles played many times at events promoted by Sam Leach.
After this show they gave another performance at Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Mixing: For You Blue
- 1967: Recording: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Radio: From Us To You
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Shrewsbury
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.