This was The Beatles' third performance at the Cassanova Club, promoted by Sam R Leach.
The Cassanova Club was situated above Sampson & Barlow's Restaurant at 39 London Road, Liverpool. The club was previously sited in The Temple, Dale Street, Liverpool, but moved to this location on 9 February 1961.
The Beatles had performed at the Cassanova on the date of the original venue's opening (date unknown), but Ray McFall, owner of the Cavern Club, told them they were not allowed to play at both venues. The restriction was later lifted, and The Beatles played many times at events promoted by Sam Leach.
After this show they gave another performance at Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool.
Also on this day...
- 1968: John Lennon and George Harrison arrive in Rishikesh
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Good Morning Good Morning
- 1965: Recording: I Need You, Another Girl, Yes It Is
- 1964: The Beatles’ second Ed Sullivan Show
- 1963: Live: Carfax Assembly Rooms, Oxford
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Technical College Hall, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.