Room 4, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: Malcolm Davies
Engineer: Peter Bown
Glyn Johns’ two proposed Get Back albums had been rejected by The Beatles, but there was still a wish to release the January 1969 material in some form.
The second of the eight attempts was judged to be the best. However, they featured in neither the Get Back nor the Let It Be albums, and remain unreleased.
Also on this day...
- 1967: Recording: Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Radio: From Us To You
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Shrewsbury – Lennon and McCartney write From Me To You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.