This was The Beatles’ 13th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney announces New song and album
- 2008: Sam Taylor-Wood to direct Lennon biopic Nowhere Boy
- 1968: Recording: Dear Prudence
- 1966: Live: Candlestick Park, San Francisco: The Beatles’ final concert
- 1965: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, New York
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Floral Hall Ballroom, Morecambe
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.