This was the fourth of The Beatles’ six consecutive dates in the English seaside town of Southport, Lancashire. They played two houses on each night.
The group’s set throughout the residency contained 10 songs: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, A Taste Of Honey, She Loves You, Baby It’s You, From Me To You, Boys, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney announces New song and album
- 2008: Sam Taylor-Wood to direct Lennon biopic Nowhere Boy
- 1968: Recording: Dear Prudence
- 1966: Live: Candlestick Park, San Francisco: The Beatles’ final concert
- 1965: Live: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, New York
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Floral Hall Ballroom, Morecambe
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.