I was born, weighing seven pounds, on St Patrick's Day, 17 March 1944; hence my name. My mother had been convinced she was having a boy and had thought of me as Michael for nine months, so as she had put no thought into girls' names, I was called Patricia Anne.
Pattie was born in Taunton, Somerset, England. Her father Colin Ian Langdon Boyd - known as Jock - and Diana Frances Drysdale. Jock was an RAF officer who was 23 when he met 17-year-old Diana in early 1942.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Blue plaque for Lennon and Harrison unveiled at the Apple Boutique building
- 2009: Struggling Penny Lane businesses ask for help
- 2009: Ringo to release book of Beatles photographs?
- 1968: Pattie Harrison celebrates her 24th birthday in India
- 1967: Recording: She’s Leaving Home
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Embassy Cinema, Peterborough
- 1962: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Mossway Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.