Paul McCartney’s fifth solo live album, Back In The World, was released on 17 March 2003.
Back In The US, was released on 11 November 2002 in the USA and Japan, followed in March 2003 by an international version, Back In The World.
In the United Kingdom Back In The World peaked at number five, becoming far more successful than Driving Rain, the album which McCartney was touring in 2002. It spent a total of 13 weeks on the UK albums chart.
The album also reached number six in Denmark, and was a top 20 hit in Austria, Finland, and Sweden.
Back In The World featured front and back cover photography by Mark Seliger. The CD came with a 32 page booklet, with additional photographs by Bill Bernstein.
Last updated: 16 July 2021
Also on this day...
- 2013: Blue plaque for Lennon and Harrison unveiled at the Apple Boutique building
- 2009: Struggling Penny Lane businesses ask for help
- 2009: Ringo to release book of Beatles photographs?
- 1968: Pattie Harrison celebrates her 24th birthday in India
- 1967: Recording: She’s Leaving Home
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Embassy Cinema, Peterborough
- 1962: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Mossway Hall, Liverpool
- 1944: Pattie Boyd is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.