Released by the Koch label, the first 100,000 copies included a DVD with footage from the recording sessions. A deluxe CD edition contained three bonus tracks: ‘Blink’, ‘OK Ray’, and ‘I’m Home’.
Ringo Rama peaked at number 113 on the US Billboard 200.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Ringo Starr is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1970: Mixing: For You Blue, Teddy Boy, Two Of Us
- 1969: John and Yoko’s first bed-in for peace: Amsterdam
- 1966: The Beatles’ ‘butcher’ photo session
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.