A number of photographs from this day were published in April 1968 in an edition of British music magazine Disc And Music Echo. They included Pattie being given her birthday cake, The Beatles with local entertainer Shah Jahan and flautist friend Paul Horn, George Harrison checking a yogi’s pulse, and Paul McCartney playing a tamboura.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Blue plaque for Lennon and Harrison unveiled at the Apple Boutique building
- 2009: Struggling Penny Lane businesses ask for help
- 2009: Ringo to release book of Beatles photographs?
- 2003: Album release: Back In The World by Paul McCartney
- 1967: Recording: She’s Leaving Home
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Embassy Cinema, Peterborough
- 1962: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Mossway Hall, Liverpool
- 1944: Pattie Boyd is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.