On the day that Eight Arms To Hold You was announced as the title of The Beatles’ second feature film, the group appeared in scenes on the curling rink in Obertauern, Austria.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Blue plaque for Lennon and Harrison unveiled at the Apple Boutique building
- 2009: Struggling Penny Lane businesses ask for help
- 2009: Ringo to release book of Beatles photographs?
- 1968: Pattie Harrison celebrates her 24th birthday in India
- 1967: Recording: She’s Leaving Home
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Embassy Cinema, Peterborough
- 1962: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Mossway Hall, Liverpool
- 1944: Pattie Boyd is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.