The Beatles filmed scenes for Help! at three locations in Obertauern, Austria, on this day: at an Olympic ski jump, on the ski slopes, and in an après-ski cellar.
Last updated: 17 September 2021
Also on this day...
- 1996: Album release: Anthology 2
- 1969: George and Pattie Harrison appear in court on drugs charges
- 1968: US single release: Lady Madonna
- 1965: Lennon and McCartney jam in Obertauern, Austria
- 1964: Radio: The Public Ear
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Regal Cinema, Gloucester
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.