The hearing took place at Esher and Walton Magistrates' Court. The couple were charged with cannabis possession, and released on the surety of Apple's press officer Derek Taylor. They returned for the actual trial on 31 March 1969.
The court closed in 1993 and is now a youth club and theatre school.
Also on this day...
- 1968: US single release: Lady Madonna
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: Radio: The Public Ear
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Regal Cinema, Gloucester
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.