The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 313 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 February 2014
9.26pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3018

20 years ago the greatest comedian I have seen in my lifetime, Bill Hicks, succumbed to pancreatic cancer at the age of 32.

His was a revolutionary, incredibly important voice that was welcomed more here in the UK than in his homeland of America.

He didn't just tell jokes but explored the world he saw through comedy. He had a philosophy and made you think.

I wanted to share a couple of clips appropriate to this site.

In this first one, part of a routine about drugs, he talks about The Beatles (warning: some bad language)…

This second one gives his view of life, and it's a view I can see George and John agreeing with…

My thoughts are with your dog, Zig…

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
26 February 2014
9.29pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9606

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
OK I GOT POSTING TO WORK ONCE, but it's still not displaying the normal posts, and I only got this by quoting Linde.
So, none of the post buttons are working for me, nor are Quote, Thank, PM, or Report. I also can't send PMs because the buttons don't work. Thanks

Oh, and roll back sucks, I'm below 800 again

I got that when it first happened and it soon sorted itself. Glad its sorted for you.

If you get any issues when using the forum its best to post in the Weid Things Happening On The Forum thread so Joe can easily find any problems folks are having as well as keeping everything together. 

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
26 February 2014
9.34pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2605

Yeah, I know, I tried a few times there, and it wasn't working, so when this worked I just typed it here in case it didn't work next time I tried there

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
27 February 2014
2.42am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Some guy dismantled the lyrics of Yesterday. It's pretty funny.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
28 February 2014
9.22pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4850
28 February 2014
9.44pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4034

Ahhh Girl said
@Zig , how's Lily?

She is doing better than expected thank you. At this point, Zag and I are alternating days staying home with Zog (Lily) to make sure she gets her meds, stitches don't rip, bandages stay in place, etc… 

I see that the post I wrote and all of the wonderful positive thoughts expressed by my fellow Forumpudlians were somehow deleted. I did see most of the responses prior to their deletion – thanks to one and all for your support. You are wonderful human beings and I am proud to be associated with all of you.

heart 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

28 February 2014
9.56pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Glad to hear Zog is on the mend, Zig.

The previous posts were lost because Joe had to do a minor rollback when he had problems with changes he was making. Your posts fell into the window.

28 February 2014
10.13pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

Glad to hear Zog (I like really that) is doing well heart

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

1 March 2014
6.24pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Only really leaves us Zeg and Zug to hear about! a-hard-days-night-george-10heart

Wow! Are the West and Russia about to fall out big-time over Ukraine? If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it smells like a duck, it's probably a duck. That could easily fit all these people in Russian-style (insignia removed) uniforms, carrying standard-issue Russian weapons, taking over all vital links in the Crimean part of Ukraine…

And into the Valley of Death rode the four hundred…

1 March 2014
6.43pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9606

mja6758 said
Only really leaves us Zeg and Zug to hear about! a-hard-days-night-george-10heart

Wow! Are the West and Russia about to fall out big-time over Ukraine? If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it smells like a duck, it's probably a duck. That could easily fit all these people in Russian-style (insignia removed) uniforms, carrying standard-issue Russian weapons, taking over all vital links in the Crimean part of Ukraine…

And into the Valley of Death rode the four hundred…

I don't want a war and it seems like so many countries are either fighting their own people, government, or other countries at the moment. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Delighted to hear Lily is getting better Zig. One day at a time (doopy doopy doo)heart

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
1 March 2014
8.03pm
Ahhh Girl

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said
@Zig , how's Lily?

She is doing better than expected thank you. At this point, Zag and I are alternating days staying home with Zog (Lily) to make sure she gets her meds, stitches don't rip, bandages stay in place, etc… 

I see that the post I wrote and all of the wonderful positive thoughts expressed by my fellow Forumpudlians were somehow deleted. I did see most of the responses prior to their deletion – thanks to one and all for your support. You are wonderful human beings and I am proud to be associated with all of you.

heart 

I do hope your precious little one makes a full recovery.

Where did the other two hundred go, mja? Were there only 400 that returned? I don't know my history on this topic very well.

I hope this can get resolved without war.

1 March 2014
8.12pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Oops! Typo! Damn! I know the poem!

Did you know it was recited by the actor Laurence Harvey on The Ed Sullivan Show, followed by Laurence and Ed presenting the bugle used to call the charge of the Light Brigade to a British officer, who then sounded the call again?

And here is the world again, looking at Crimea…

1 March 2014
9.30pm
Ahhh Girl

mja6758 said
Oops! Typo! Damn! I know the poem!

Did you know it was recited by the actor Laurence Harvey on The Ed Sullivan Show, followed by Laurence and Ed presenting the bugle used to call the charge of the Light Brigade to a British officer, who then sounded the call again?

And here is the world again, looking at Crimea…

Nope, didn't know that. Very interesting.

The only reason that I even thought about number of soldiers in the poem is because it was one of the poems that a student did during the "Poetry Out Loud" contest that I helped judge last Saturday.

2 March 2014
12.51am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

This is awesome! I found a thing called Gizoogle, which translates any webpage into "gangsta slang". Here's our homepage! (Warning, it translates some stuff to swearing)

Edit: In the episode of Family Guy I'm watching, their was some hilarious scene with these girls in the 60s, and one of them said something about Ringo, and Ringo showed up outside the window. I'll try to find it, it was hilarious.

Ah, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJAp2MyiswU

Oh, and Stewie just kissed baby Lois. This show is screwed up

2 March 2014
1.57am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

WHY ARE PEOPLE ONLY SAYING THINGS ON THE HEAL/HURT THREADS???? ARRRGGGHHHHH

2 March 2014
3.48am
Ahhh Girl

O.K. I'll talk here, Faceo.

I've seen this lyric to "I've Got a Feeling" written with and with out a comma:

I've got a feeling I think that everybody knows
I've got a feeling, I think that everybody knows

I usually hear/interpret that as I have a feeling that we all share in common.

I was feeling a bit paranoid the other day and heard it as: I've got a feeling that everybody knows this certain thing about me.

2 March 2014
3.59am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said
O.K. I'll talk here, Faceo.

I've seen this lyric to "I've Got a Feeling" written with and with out a comma:

I've got a feeling I think that everybody knows
I've got a feeling, I think that everybody knows

I usually hear/interpret that as I have a feeling that we all share in common.

I was feeling a bit paranoid the other day and heard it as: I've got a feeling that everybody knows this certain thing about me.

THANK YOU FOR SANITY

I've always interpreted it as the first one. That everyone knows the feeling he has. The 2nd one is an interesting idea though.

Oh, and I'm watching a different Family Guy now again. Brian and Stewie just had to fill in for Santa, and in the first house, they accidentally killed a guy, then killed his wife when she came to down to check on him, and bound and gagged his daughter. This is a dog and a baby that just did this. This show is occasionally in poor taste, but it's hilarious, so whatever.ahdn_ringo_09 

Here's a video if you want.  

EDIT: You know what, that's so horrifying I'm going to put it in spoilers. Sorry.

2 March 2014
4.20am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1036

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

THANK YOU FOR SANITY

I've always interpreted it as the first one. That everyone knows the feeling he has. The 2nd one is an interesting idea though.

Oh, and I'm watching a different Family Guy now again. Brian and Stewie just had to fill in for Santa, and in the first house, they accidentally killed a guy, then killed his wife when she came to down to check on him, and bound and gagged his daughter. This is a dog and a baby that just did this. This show is occasionally in poor taste, but it's hilarious, so whatever.ahdn_ringo_09 

EDIT: You know what, that's so horrifying I'm going to put it in spoilers. Sorry.

You know what's horrifying? This…

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
2 March 2014
5.09pm
Ahhh Girl

It is thundering and sleeting. Odd combination.

2 March 2014
5.19pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5077

Ahhh Girl said
It is thundering and sleeting. Odd combination.

We had a bit of thunder a couple of nights ago. We needed the rain badly, but I wish we could get it in more moderate amounts, as opposed to the usual pattern of Drought followed by Biblical Flood.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, AppleScruffJunior, Annadog40, Beatleva
59 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9606

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5077

Ahhh Girl: 4850

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4034

Annadog40: 4002

Mr. Kite: 3546

Ron Nasty: 3018

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2580

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3172

Newest Members: Lucy Come Together, Brad80, Brad77, BeatleBob, anon1

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4850), meanmistermustard (9606), Zig (4034), Joe (3447)

Administrators: Joe (3447), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Mizz M