Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 March 2014
3.47am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 As soon as this page loaded the mp3 began to play. I did save it onto my desktop, and it plays from there.

@IveJustSeenAFaceo  If you are more technologically proficient than I am (or if anyone is who reads this), if you can figure out a way for my avatar to look better, please help me.

EDIT: After I clicked on save edited post and the page refreshed, your mp3 started playing again. When I came back into edit this post, the song started playing yet again. I don’t know what would happen if more than one mp3 were on here like that. I think we will will have to see how this is going to work out.

9 March 2014
11.47am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24958

@Joe, @Zig, @fabfouremily, @Ahhh Girl, @IveJustSeenAFaceo 

You can save The End  as an mp3 file, its listed in the attachments at the bottom of the post. For obvious reasons that is not ideal for Joe.

Regardless of it being 1 song or 34 it is a major irritant opening up a page and music automatically plays. It should always be up to each individual person to play the song or not. Can someone take it off.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 March 2014
1.19pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 As soon as this page loaded the mp3 began to play. I did save it onto my desktop, and it plays from there.

EDIT: After I clicked on save edited post and the page refreshed, you mp3 started playing again. When I came back into edit this post, the song started playing yet again. I don’t know what would happen if more than one mp3 were on here like that. I think we will will have to see how this is going to work out.

I wanted someone else to see what was happening before the mp3 got deleted. Thanks for posting your comment, mmm.

meanmistermustard said
@Joe, @Zig, @fabfouremily, @Ahhh Girl, @IveJustSeenAFaceo 

You can save The End  as an mp3 file, its listed in the attachments at the bottom of the post. For obvious reasons that is not ideal for Joe.

Regardless of it being 1 song or 34 it is a major irritant opening up a page and music automatically plays. It should always be up to each individual person to play the song or not. Can someone take it off.

@meanmistermustard et al., I removed the mp3 attachment.

9 March 2014
1.54pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6324sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl First, your avatar is kinda hard to read when it’s smaller because the letters are very close in color to the background.

Second, it’s interesting that I can still see the attachment. Probably just cause I posted it.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

9 March 2014
1.57pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

@Ahhh Girl I can still download the mp3 despite it being removed. I guess @IveJustSeenAFaceo  has to do so.

Thank you both for the peace.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 March 2014
2.04pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6326sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl @meanmistermustard First of all, I can’t seem to delete it. I hit Remove Attachments but it doesn’t appear to be reacting.

Second, How would you download it? It appears to be a link which leads to a blank page except for a progress bar for it to play. I’m not seeing a download option.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

9 March 2014
2.10pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6327sp_Permalink sp_Print

@IveJustSeenAFaceo  Right click on the file name in the attachments box, select “save link as” and up comes my computer file directory asking me where i want to save the mp3 file to.

9 March 2014
2.14pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6328sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard Well then, that’s no good. I can’t seem to remove it though.

9 March 2014
2.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

@IveJustSeenAFaceo Maybe only Joe can as its saved on his server, not sure about the mods. I PM’d him as soon as i found out i could download the file as he is the one ultimately responsible for the forum, its certainly a bigger problem if the original poster can’t remove the attached file. Better to know when its one poster trying it out instead of discovering when its being done by 10 different people all over the forum.

9 March 2014
2.33pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

So right you are, mmm. I’m glad we are getting this tested with one of our own. I downloaded the mp3 the same way mmm did with the right click. I see what I did. I deleted the player box but not the attachment. I’ll go try to delete the attachment now. I will edit this post to let you know if I have success or not.

EDIT: I just had to move the moderator’s toolbox box up on my screen, and I found the “delete attachments” option. I got the mp3 attachment removed.

9 March 2014
2.47pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6331sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cool. Thank AG. Now Faceo won’t have to worry about Joe coming after him when/if Apple found out.

9 March 2014
2.55pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said
Cool. Thank AG. Now Faceo won’t have to worry about Joe coming after him when/if Apple found out.

The stuck-in-a-BB-forum-office-instead-of-on-the-Apple-rooftop-ones can be helpful sometimes. ahdn_ringo_09

When I’m not helpful just call me Arggghhhh Girl. Wonder where I got that idea?ahdn_george_07

Yep, we shall wait for The Man to speak on this attachment/download issue.

9 March 2014
3.00pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6333sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is there an option open to the mods where they can allow uploads but not downloads, some box to tick somewhere?

9 March 2014
3.16pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

testing. this song will be removed shortly. ***The song “How Do You Do It ” was attached to this post, and it played automatically when the page was loaded. In mod mode I removed the attachment. The box for the song remained it the post but will not play.***

Download remove-attachment.doc

While I still had the song attached, I clicked on edit then I clicked on the attachments button on the bottom of the post box. The first picture on the remove-attachment file shows that there is a “remove attachments” option there. I clicked on the remove attachment button, but didn’t work for me. **going to test the removal of another attachment. check back for updates*** Next, nope, it looks like you can’t remove an attachment while logged in as a regular forum member. Next, see the second picture in the remove-attachment file. When I deleted the attachment with the mod tool, the attachment went poof, but the box for the song stayed in the post.

9 March 2014
3.35pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6335sp_Permalink sp_Print

What song? Nothing comes up, just the Quicktime Player logo overlaid with a huge question mark.

9 March 2014
3.41pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6336sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
What song? Nothing comes up, just the Quicktime Player logo overlaid with a huge question mark.

It was there. I didn’t attach “Hold Me Tight ” just in case you came to this page while I had the attachment in place. Keep looking at that post for updates on my progress. I’ll make a new post once I get what I can figured out.

9 March 2014
3.53pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Ahhh Girl said
testing. this song will be removed shortly. ***The song “How Do You Do It ” was attached as a media upload/file to this post, and it played automatically when the page was loaded. In mod mode I removed the attachment. The box for the song remained it the post but will not play.***

[media player and attachment]

While I still had the song attached, I clicked on edit then I clicked on the attachments button on the bottom of the post box. The first picture on the remove-attachment file shows that there is a “remove attachments” option there. I clicked on the remove attachment button, but didn’t work for me. **going to test the removal of another attachment. check back for updates*** Next, nope, it looks like you can’t remove an attachment while logged in as a regular forum member. Next, see the second picture in the remove-attachment file. When I deleted the attachment with the mod tool, the attachment went poof, but the box for the song stayed in the post.

I don’t see a way to make a song play without the downloadable attachment being available. I did my best. If anyone thinks of something else to try (either themselves or me), let me know. Other than that, we will just wait until Joe gets a chance to check this out.

9 March 2014
4.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6338sp_Permalink sp_Print

If its not possible to have songs without the download available i doubt its a major loss as the forum has got by without it since its creation. Thanks AG for investigating tho as it would have been a useful feature and maybe Joe can fiddle about with the settings to get it suitable for here.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl

9 March 2014
6.25pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6339sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bono, Sean Penn, and Julian Lennon enjoy a boys’ night out in Dublin

Dublin. @AppleScruffJunior  This story caught my eye since I had an Irish geography lesson this morning.

10 March 2014
11.02am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6340sp_Permalink sp_Print

angry-kangaroo_20120610220914.gifImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo, parlance

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2856
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5515
Newest Members:
nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow, Boy Im Gonna Carry That Weight, Something
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24958, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691