Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
27 February 2014
2.42am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6241sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some guy dismantled the lyrics of Yesterday. It’s pretty funny.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

28 February 2014
9.22pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227

@Zig , how’s Lily?

28 February 2014
9.44pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
6243sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
@Zig , how’s Lily?

She is doing better than expected thank you. At this point, Zag and I are alternating days staying home with Zog (Lily) to make sure she gets her meds, stitches don’t rip, bandages stay in place, etc… 

I see that the post I wrote and all of the wonderful positive thoughts expressed by my fellow Forumpudlians were somehow deleted. I did see most of the responses prior to their deletion – thanks to one and all for your support. You are wonderful human beings and I am proud to be associated with all of you.

heart 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

28 February 2014
9.56pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6244sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to hear Zog is on the mend, Zig.

The previous posts were lost because Joe had to do a minor rollback when he had problems with changes he was making. Your posts fell into the window.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 February 2014
10.13pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6245sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad to hear Zog (I like really that) is doing well heart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

1 March 2014
6.24pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6246sp_Permalink sp_Print

Only really leaves us Zeg and Zug to hear about! a-hard-days-night-george-10heart

Wow! Are the West and Russia about to fall out big-time over Ukraine? If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it smells like a duck, it’s probably a duck. That could easily fit all these people in Russian-style (insignia removed) uniforms, carrying standard-issue Russian weapons, taking over all vital links in the Crimean part of Ukraine…

And into the Valley of Death rode the four hundred…

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

1 March 2014
6.43pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
6247sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Only really leaves us Zeg and Zug to hear about! a-hard-days-night-george-10heart

Wow! Are the West and Russia about to fall out big-time over Ukraine? If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it smells like a duck, it’s probably a duck. That could easily fit all these people in Russian-style (insignia removed) uniforms, carrying standard-issue Russian weapons, taking over all vital links in the Crimean part of Ukraine…

And into the Valley of Death rode the four hundred…

I don’t want a war and it seems like so many countries are either fighting their own people, government, or other countries at the moment. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Delighted to hear Lily is getting better Zig. One day at a time (doopy doopy doo)heart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 March 2014
8.03pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6248sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said
@Zig , how’s Lily?

She is doing better than expected thank you. At this point, Zag and I are alternating days staying home with Zog (Lily) to make sure she gets her meds, stitches don’t rip, bandages stay in place, etc… 

I see that the post I wrote and all of the wonderful positive thoughts expressed by my fellow Forumpudlians were somehow deleted. I did see most of the responses prior to their deletion – thanks to one and all for your support. You are wonderful human beings and I am proud to be associated with all of you.

heart 

I do hope your precious little one makes a full recovery.

Where did the other two hundred go, mja? Were there only 400 that returned? I don’t know my history on this topic very well.

I hope this can get resolved without war.

1 March 2014
8.12pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Oops! Typo! Damn! I know the poem!

Did you know it was recited by the actor Laurence Harvey on The Ed Sullivan Show, followed by Laurence and Ed presenting the bugle used to call the charge of the Light Brigade to a British officer, who then sounded the call again?

And here is the world again, looking at Crimea…

1 March 2014
9.30pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6250sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Oops! Typo! Damn! I know the poem!

Did you know it was recited by the actor Laurence Harvey on The Ed Sullivan Show, followed by Laurence and Ed presenting the bugle used to call the charge of the Light Brigade to a British officer, who then sounded the call again?

And here is the world again, looking at Crimea…

Nope, didn’t know that. Very interesting.

The only reason that I even thought about number of soldiers in the poem is because it was one of the poems that a student did during the “Poetry Out Loud” contest that I helped judge last Saturday.

2 March 2014
12.51am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers

This is awesome! I found a thing called Gizoogle, which translates any webpage into “gangsta slang”. Here’s our homepage! (Warning, it translates some stuff to swearing)

Edit: In the episode of Family Guy I’m watching, their was some hilarious scene with these girls in the 60s, and one of them said something about Ringo, and Ringo showed up outside the window. I’ll try to find it, it was hilarious.

Ah, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..JAp2MyiswU

Oh, and Stewie just kissed baby Lois. This show is screwed up

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

2 March 2014
1.57am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6252sp_Permalink sp_Print

WHY ARE PEOPLE ONLY SAYING THINGS ON THE HEAL/HURT THREADS???? ARRRGGGHHHHH

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Starr Shine?

2 March 2014
3.48am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6253sp_Permalink sp_Print

O.K. I’ll talk here, Faceo.

I’ve seen this lyric to “I’ve Got A Feeling ” written with and with out a comma:

I’ve Got A Feeling I think that everybody knows
I’ve Got A Feeling , I think that everybody knows

I usually hear/interpret that as I have a feeling that we all share in common.

I was feeling a bit paranoid the other day and heard it as: I’ve Got A Feeling that everybody knows this certain thing about me.

2 March 2014
3.59am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers

Ahhh Girl said
O.K. I’ll talk here, Faceo.

I’ve seen this lyric to “I’ve Got A Feeling ” written with and with out a comma:

I’ve Got A Feeling I think that everybody knows
I’ve Got A Feeling , I think that everybody knows

I usually hear/interpret that as I have a feeling that we all share in common.

I was feeling a bit paranoid the other day and heard it as: I’ve Got A Feeling that everybody knows this certain thing about me.

THANK YOU FOR SANITY

I’ve always interpreted it as the first one. That everyone knows the feeling he has. The 2nd one is an interesting idea though.

Oh, and I’m watching a different Family Guy now again. Brian and Stewie just had to fill in for Santa, and in the first house, they accidentally killed a guy, then killed his wife when she came to down to check on him, and bound and gagged his daughter. This is a dog and a baby that just did this. This show is occasionally in poor taste, but it’s hilarious, so whatever.ahdn_ringo_09 

Here’s a video if you want.  

EDIT: You know what, that’s so horrifying I’m going to put it in spoilers. Sorry.

2 March 2014
4.20am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
6255sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

THANK YOU FOR SANITY

I’ve always interpreted it as the first one. That everyone knows the feeling he has. The 2nd one is an interesting idea though.

Oh, and I’m watching a different Family Guy now again. Brian and Stewie just had to fill in for Santa, and in the first house, they accidentally killed a guy, then killed his wife when she came to down to check on him, and bound and gagged his daughter. This is a dog and a baby that just did this. This show is occasionally in poor taste, but it’s hilarious, so whatever.ahdn_ringo_09 

EDIT: You know what, that’s so horrifying I’m going to put it in spoilers. Sorry.

You know what’s horrifying? This…

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

2 March 2014
5.09pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6256sp_Permalink sp_Print

It is thundering and sleeting. Odd combination.

2 March 2014
5.19pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
6257sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
It is thundering and sleeting. Odd combination.

We had a bit of thunder a couple of nights ago. We needed the rain badly, but I wish we could get it in more moderate amounts, as opposed to the usual pattern of Drought followed by Biblical Flood.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

2 March 2014
5.32pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

Yesterday , I went to a meetup for foodies. I don’t usually join these unless they go somewhere cheap/moderate, and yesterday was a dim sum gathering in Chinatown. I was thinking of this thread because someone was telling me about another, more expensive, foodie group he belongs to where tipping turns into a competition of douchebag proportions. “Oh, you only tipped 30%? Well, I tipped 40.” I imagine waiters secretly rolling their eyes as they pocket their cash.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

2 March 2014
7.25pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6259sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have my iTunes set to crossfade songs when I’m shuffling, so there’s not 5 seconds of silence between each songs, right?

So I was shuffling some songs, and I Want You came on, so at the end, I’m waiting… and then it goes into I’m Looking Through You instead of stopping! That’s one of the times when crossfade sucks, the good thing is most songs don’t have that kind of thing.

2 March 2014
7.26pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6260sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can’t imagine tipping an extra 30%-40%. What must the waiter or waitress do to/for you to deserve that? Eating out is expensive enough without that on top. People that tip that much just to prove they have the most money should find better things to do with it.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694