Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
13 October 2013
10.08pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4661sp_Permalink sp_Print

The speculation over Paul having dentures reminds me of a story my mom tells about me.

One time at the grocery store when I was 2, she let me put a coin in one of those machines that dispense little toys in those little clear plastic bubbles. I got a little set of dentures on a string that you would wear like a necklace. I wandered off and got about 2 rows away from her. All of a sudden she hears me screaming, “Mama, mama, I lost my false teeth.” She said people from all the rows around came to see the little girl with dentures.

13 October 2013
10.51pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4662sp_Permalink sp_Print

On the subject of cats, was jumping about online and read that if you hit a cat with your car you don’t have to report it to the police (tho you do need to take it for treatment if its injured) but you do have to inform the police if you hit a dog. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 October 2013
10.54pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4663sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Satan I wish it was like that over here. It has been around 6 degrees Celsius with a lot of rain for a while now. Horrible. Usually around this time it’s not THAT cold yet and it doesn’t rain THAT much. And then to think two weeks ago it was 25 degrees and next week it will be 14. Seems like the weather is all confused.

@Girl That story is priceless lmfao.

13 October 2013
10.56pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

meanmistermustard said
On the subject of cats, was jumping about online and read that if you hit a cat with your car you don’t have to report it to the police (tho you do need to take it for treatment if its injured) but you do have to inform the police if you hit a dog. 

Probably relates to how you had to license the ownership of a dog until 1987 (this relates to UK).

Good to hear your cat’s back, Satan.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

13 October 2013
11.51pm
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 666
4665sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just feel very irresponsible for letting my cat outside at night…  🙁  

@Linde…  It’s normally around 9 degrees Celsius during the day this time of year in Southern Ontario.  We’ve had a few years of very unusual weather with much higher temperatures than normal.  I don’t even think we’ve had overnight frost yet. 

E is for 'Ergent'.

14 October 2013
1.57am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

SatanHimself said
I just feel very irresponsible for letting my cat outside at night…  🙁  

@Linde…  It’s normally around 9 degrees Celsius during the day this time of year in Southern Ontario.  We’ve had a few years of very unusual weather with much higher temperatures than normal.  I don’t even think we’ve had overnight frost yet. 

No frost here yet. The leaves and grass are still summery green. It’s hard to try to wear fall like clothes. Dang it Amy V. and Emily P. I still want to wear white shoes when it looks like this even though it is October.

@Linde, glad you got a kick out of the story. My mom loves to tell it.

14 October 2013
7.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4667sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two people on eBay are really pissing me off, pushing up the price of something I want for Christmas!!!! STOP IT ALREADY!!!! 2 days left ’til the end of the auction and they’ve pushed it up €10, the bastards a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Lord give me strength ahdn_george_05 a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

14 October 2013
8.53pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4668sp_Permalink sp_Print

Auctioning on ebay is so stressful, I just go straight to the buy-it-now icon. Makes it more expensive but I can’t be doing with it. blue-meanie

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 October 2013
11.22pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4669sp_Permalink sp_Print

My labrador retriever must think I’m a sorry excuse for a human. He trees little critters, but I never follow through with the human side of the hunt. He is so obsessive. Kind of like one of his owners *points finger at self*

15 October 2013
12.11am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4670sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
My labrador retriever must think I’m a sorry excuse for a human. He trees little critters, but I never follow through with the human side of the hunt. He is so obsessive. Kind of like one of his owners *points finger at self*

What does the emboldened part mean?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 October 2013
1.19am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4671sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

What does the emboldened part mean?

For example, he chases a squirrel up a tree and through breeding he expects me to shoot it. Once he has has squirrel treed, he will sit under that tree for hours if we don’t go pull him away.

15 October 2013
1.28am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4672sp_Permalink sp_Print

How could anyone shoot a squirrel, they are so cute? Currently there is a badger cull ongoing in a part of the UK, i am not in favour.

15 October 2013
1.32am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said
How could anyone shoot a squirrel, they are so cute? Currently there is a badger cull ongoing in a part of the UK, i am not in favour.

A culling of prairie dogs not too long ago.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com…..g-numbers/

15 October 2013
1.43am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4674sp_Permalink sp_Print

The badger cull is not going very well; targets are being missed for how many should be dead which has resulted in the MP in charge blaming the badgers. 

I know it’s not a humourous story animals being killed but if you want to have a laugh at the stupidity of man and it being outwitted by a badger. 

Second, he admitted that shooting nocturnal badgers as they ran around in the dark was actually pretty hard, meaning that his marksmen had not been able to kill enough to ensure the cull’s effectiveness.

All power to the badgers. 

15 October 2013
4.06am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4675sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Auctioning on ebay is so stressful, I just go straight to the buy-it-now icon. Makes it more expensive but I can’t be doing with it. blue-meanie

I agree – I saw a “Pipes Of Peace ” I wanted to bid on and put an entry in my diary to remind me.  But then on the day I got caught up watching “Anthology” and forgot about it until the last few minutes.  Then my Mum rang from interstate and while I was chatting to her the time expired.  Luckily another CD came up the next day and it wasn’t too much more than I was going to bid so I snapped it up.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

15 October 2013
3.21pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4676sp_Permalink sp_Print

When I first began ebay-ing I would stay up bidding like mad ’till it ended, which could be at any time in the early morning (GMT) if the thing wasn’t from Europe. All the pressure of not taking your eyes off the screen and having to type really quickly to get your 1p more than the other bidder (s) in…. blue-meanie

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 October 2013
3.34pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4677sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

This is a fun story so I’ll tell it here. We didn’t set out to get a hunting breed dog. This little black lab was running the neighborhood. He would go to my mother-in-law’s house and turn on the charm. He took to sleeping in the dog house on our porch. Our elderly dog had become an indoor dog so he wasn’t using the dog house. We had a big discussion and decided to take the lab in to be our own. Subsequently, we found out who his first “owner” in the neighborhood was. Everyone says the little guy is a lot better off with us than with that other family.

15 October 2013
6.42pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

This is a fun story so I’ll tell it here. We didn’t set out to get a hunting breed dog. This little black lab was running the neighborhood. He would go to my mother-in-law’s house and turn on the charm. He took to sleeping in the dog house on our porch. Our elderly dog had become an indoor dog so he wasn’t using the dog house. We had a big discussion and decided to take the lab in to be our own. Subsequently, we found out who his first “owner” in the neighborhood was. Everyone says the little guy is a lot better off with us than with that other family.

Good to hear that the dog is with a better family. Says a lot that the dog left his previous owner to stay with yous as dogs are generally very loyal.

We have a cat that is 17 years old; it was a stray that was dreadfully thin and covered in fleas when it followed my sister home. We took it in, locked it in a room, gave it food, got it defleaed, and its been with us ever since, it’s never grown since we had first got it. The daft animal still would rather sleep in a plastic bag than on a cushion next to the radiator.

15 October 2013
9.08pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4679sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ and ^^  Nice stories.

I’m not into pets much but have adopted a few cats over the years – they came for a few months, were fed and kept warm, then wandered off again to wherever it is that vagrant cats go.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

15 October 2013
10.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4680sp_Permalink sp_Print

All is right in the world. Scotland beat Croatia 2-0 at home, ensuring the double over them.heartheartheart

Very very pleasing.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: vonbontee, kelicopter
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2860
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694