Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
18 October 2013
2.22pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4721sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

meanmistermustard said
According to here i’m uncool. Well thats my reason for living up in smoke, might as well stick my head in the toaster. Is this really deserving of creation, who comes up with this stuff, and will a parent give two hoots anyway?

Kids, schmids…pull your head out of the toaster, mmm.

You are a Beatles fan who provides valuable info and insight to the best Beatles based web site on the planet. You get my vote for cool.

Besides, most kids (including me when I was younger, so much younger than today) don’t know what cool really is until they become young adults. That’s when I discovered how cool my parents really were…and still are.

apple01stuart-sutcliffe

“Cool” is overrated. Long live the uncool, the dorky, the straight-laced masses, the ones the cute girls overlook until they realize the uncool make better boyfriends (yes, speaking from personal experience…), the guys and girls who don’t try to copy anyone else and just be themselves. Those are my kind of people. brian-epstein 

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

18 October 2013
2.24pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4722sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

What a waste of butter, it would just melt and make the pie all soggy when in the oven – and there is nothing worse than a soggy bottom. 

Here we go again… don’t get Ahhh Girl started, she’ll never restrain herself! a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

18 October 2013
2.34pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4723sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

What a waste of butter, it would just melt and make the pie all soggy when in the oven – and there is nothing worse than a soggy bottom. 

Here we go again… don’t get Ahhh Girl started, she’ll never restrain herself! a-hard-days-night-ringo-13]

Soggy bottom. Nappies and incontinence? Ewwww! No thanks. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 October 2013
3.01pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
4724sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 If Paul were to come that and Nancy couldn’t handle it, I’d gladly take over. No hesitation. After all he has given me and the world, I would consider it an honor to take care of him in his waning days. More of the story in a moment.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite
18 October 2013
5.36pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Here’s the rest of the story.

When  I was 10 years old and my brother was 3 months old, my dad had a brain hemorrhage that was so big that no brain surgeon in the country knew how to help him. They should have let him die on the operating table while they had his skull open and trying to figure out what to do for him. For 15 years he laid paralyzed on one side of his body and in a state like Terry Shiavo was in. He had to take all liquids through a tube in his stomach. Mom did work with him long enough to teach him to eat again by putting pureed food in his mouth and stroking his throat in a downward motion until he swallowed.

My mom faithfully took care of him for those 15 years while she was raising us, getting a degree in teaching and then teaching for a few years, then getting her RN degree and license when she was 50 because she knew that the social security money my brother had been getting would end when he turned 18 and Mississippi school teachers didn’t make a living wage. She saw her own mother through 2 open heart surgeries and her father’s death while her mom was in the hospital after one of those surgeries. (Side note: her mom demanded to go to her husband’s funeral. The doctors hooked all her IVs up to a wheelchair and let her go to the funeral home. It was cold and rainy that day so grandma couldn’t go the the graveside service. When she recovered, mom and I took her to the cemetery to visit the grave. She walked to the plot that she and grandpa had picked out decades ago. She turned ghost white. He wasn’t buried in the right place. They had to dig him up and move him. She was tough too. I guess mom got it from her.) Dad died on Christmas Day 1993.

Mom fed, cleaned, and took the best care of a man in that condition could ever hope to have. I’m her daughter. I’m made of the same mettle. I’ve seen it all done by my own mother. I would do the same for Mr. McCartney if called upon to do so.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug
18 October 2013
5.55pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Your mother is some lady ahhh girl for doing and going thru all of that. Very impressive (that’s not the right word), she deserves a heck of a lot of respect for that.apple01heart

And going back to the norm I honestly was thinking you to might go down another road with the soggy bottom, thankfully, reassuringly and pleasingly you didn’t. apple01

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 October 2013
6.00pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4727sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, MMM. Yeah, you can see how dear all of this is to my heart. I hope Paul never falls into a bad physical state, but if he does, I hope and pray that all the people around him will love him and take care of him as much as my mom loved and took care of my dad. I will haunt them endlessly if they don’t.

18 October 2013
6.13pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
4728sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your mom is very brave. heart

18 October 2013
8.08pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4729sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your mom sounds like an incredible woman, you should feel very proud of her – I’m sure you do apple01heartapple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

18 October 2013
10.42pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4730sp_Permalink sp_Print

I bloody hate people arguing, parents are at it again ahdn_paul_02 And they wonder why I’m always listening to music, anything that keeps me from hearing yelling every fecking night is a God -send

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 October 2013
10.47pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4731sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I bloody hate people arguing, parents are at it again ahdn_paul_02 And they wonder why I’m always listening to music, anything that keeps me from hearing yelling every fecking night is a God -send

So sorry. :-(

18 October 2013
11.17pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4732sp_Permalink sp_Print

Man – almost sounds like time for *hugs all round*

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

18 October 2013
11.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4733sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Thats horrid to have to go thru ASJ. I have no idea what to say in a situation like that.heart 

19 October 2013
12.18am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4734sp_Permalink sp_Print

You don’t have to pity me lads :/ I don’t generally talk to people about it. It’s become sort of “the lullaby of my childhood” for want of a better phrase, ever since I was small I’ve been hearing them argue but then other times they’re like the best of friends all happy, smiles, sunshine and rainbows. It doesn’t bother me as much as it did when I was younger, music is a great escape. To quote that God -awful film Across The Universe “music is the only thing that makes sense anymore”One of another reason why I’m greatful for The Beatles and especially George’s music I can turn on Marwa Blues, turn off my mind, relax and float-down stream

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 October 2013
12.23am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4735sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
You don’t have to pity me lads :/ I don’t generally talk to people about it. It’s become sort of “the lullaby of my childhood” for want of a better phrase, ever since I was small I’ve been hearing them argue but then other times they’re like the best of friends all happy, smiles, sunshine and rainbows. It doesn’t bother me as much as it did when I was younger, music is a great escape. To quote that God -awful film Across The Universe “music is the only thing that makes sense anymore”One of another reason why I’m greatful for The Beatles and especially George’s music I can turn on Marwa Blues, turn off my mind, relax and float-down stream

You are a very strong, resilient young woman.heart

19 October 2013
2.51am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4736sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

My parents were always ‘at it’ as well.  I don’t like to typecast but Mum is from Cyprus and has a fiery temper – you frequently had to duck to dodge the salt and pepper pots which flew dad’s way.  Visitors always commented on how none of our dinner settings matched :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

19 October 2013
9.56am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4737sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

*hugs*

I know this probably sounds horrible, but I’m waiting for the day my mom gives in and kills my dad. Or leaves him. Then we’ll all have some peace and live happily ever after.

Sending love your way heartheartheart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

19 October 2013
2.06pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4738sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Here we go again… don’t get Ahhh Girl started, she’ll never restrain herself! a-hard-days-night-ringo-13]

Soggy bottom. Nappies and incontinence? Ewwww! No thanks. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I’m actually touched that both of you remembered that comment from some time ago. Back then I thought about telling the story of my mom and all my thoughts on the topic, but I didn’t want to ruin the party for my fangirl friends. This time around I felt a bit more comfortable saying all of it on the forum because I felt more comfortable with all of you.

When my dad had that hemorrhage, I went from 10 to 37 in two years time. I’ve worked, saved, and bought things I wanted that were above the level of subsistence since I was 12. I’ve been so serious since then. Coming on here and gushing over mccartneyalarm’s Knight in Shining Armor is my release. If I or any of you see that Sir Paul’s armor is in need of mending or polishing, we need to get him to my counseling office right away.

19 October 2013
2.44pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4739sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

*hugs*

I know this probably sounds horrible, but I’m waiting for the day my mom gives in and kills my dad. Or leaves him. Then we’ll all have some peace and live happily ever after.

Sending love your way heartheartheart

Sending love to both of you.heartheartheart

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

19 October 2013
5.45pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4740sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had many horrible days in my childhood due to my parents who separated twice (once was hell on earth).  So whilst i do not know what either or you are going thru (its different for each person in each circumstance) i just hope you have some release from it all, some place you can go and find a bit of peace and joy. heart

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694