Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
5 October 2013
10.56am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

cbatcu said
Dear Beatles Bible forum band,

I really need your help. I have an opportunity to advance in rank from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor. My supervisor and the person I have chosen to head my advancement committee both agree that I have the credentials to pass the review. I just have to get my portfolio ready by 15 October.

Please hold my feet to the fire to make sure I get the portfolio done on time. I’ve always gotten other high-importance documents turned in on time. I just thought putting my information out here to all of you would give me the extra motivation I need to get through yet another one.

Thanks for any positive waves you can send my way.

cbatcu

You don’t ever get to listen to Pauls upcoming album if you fail to meet the deadline. Plus we will let you read 3 pages of Tune In taken from somewhere in the middle (as selected by someone who has read it so its extra juicy) and then take it away and ban you from that as well. We will contact your family, friends, neighbours, retailers etc, to ensure this is carried out to the letter.

Good luck in getting it done. We have the faith in you.apple01apple01heart

And leave the puppy alone.

My dog doesn’t like the kennels, he is very much a homely dog with his creature comforts. Poor thing he will be, feeling sorry for himself. But yeah, he doesn’t go in very often, maybe twice a year if that.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 October 2013
1.20pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212

meanmistermustard said

cbatcu said
Dear Beatles Bible forum band,

I really need your help. I have an opportunity to advance in rank from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor. My supervisor and the person I have chosen to head my advancement committee both agree that I have the credentials to pass the review. I just have to get my portfolio ready by 15 October.

Please hold my feet to the fire to make sure I get the portfolio done on time. I’ve always gotten other high-importance documents turned in on time. I just thought putting my information out here to all of you would give me the extra motivation I need to get through yet another one.

Thanks for any positive waves you can send my way.

cbatcu

You don’t ever get to listen to Pauls upcoming album if you fail to meet the deadline. Plus we will let you read 3 pages of Tune In taken from somewhere in the middle (as selected by someone who has read it so its extra juicy) and then take it away and ban you from that as well. We will contact your family, friends, neighbours, retailers etc, to ensure this is carried out to the letter.

Good luck in getting it done. We have the faith in you.apple01apple01heart

And leave the puppy alone.

My dog doesn’t like the kennels, he is very much a homely dog with his creature comforts. Poor thing he will be, feeling sorry for himself. But yeah, he doesn’t go in very often, maybe twice a year if that.

Eternal Beatles purgatory!!! Oh, blessed JohnGeorgePaulRingo, please no. Do not let it be! I will get the portfolio done early to be sure to avoid that most awful of fates. MMM, you do know how to instill fear that leads to hyper motivation. Thank you apple01a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-george-3a-hard-days-night-paul-8ahdn_george_06apple01

I’ve only had to leave my dog at the vet’s office one time overnight for observation. I would go a bit bonkers if I had to leave him at a kennel for an extended period of time. My mother-in-law lives caddy-corner from us across the street so she has always been there to keep him when we have gone on vacations. She dog-sits him while we are at work so the two of them are close buddies. What I’m trying to say is that if you didn’t feel blue about leaving your best friend at a kennel then we would think you didn’t have such a good, kind heart.

5 October 2013
2.02pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
4603sp_Permalink sp_Print

They want you to get your portfolio done. 

tumblr_mrqkkvlzuV1s57f9po1_400.jpgImage Enlarger

Don’t make Ringo give you this face and sign

tumblr_mfypn05JSB1qdx9oco1_500.jpgImage Enlarger

In all seriousness, good luck my dear.

Take a few apples apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01 and a deep breath. 

P.S. No, killing puppies. paul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

5 October 2013
2.27pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Aw, they want me to get it done too. Sweet. Will. Not. Disappoint. Ringo.

Thanks, sky090909

5 October 2013
2.50pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

cbatcu said
Aw, they want me to get it done too. Sweet. Will. Not. Disappoint. Ringo.

Thanks, sky090909

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

You’re welcome heart

5 October 2013
5.13pm
mccartneyalarm
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 243
4606sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cbatcu, you MUST get your portfolio done or I won’t share Paul with you!!! You will feel so proud of yourself, and gain so much gratification when you reach your goal…it’s worth every minute of your hard work. And, I’m sure Paul would prefer it if you do. Nancy owns a freight company (or is on the Board of her family’s company), so apparently he likes successful women. So…you go get ’em!!! Remember, “It Don’t Come Easy” but you don’t want to be singing “I Should Have Known Better !”

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

5 October 2013
5.51pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

mccartneyalarm said
Cbatcu, you MUST get your portfolio done or I won’t share Paul with you!!! You will feel so proud of yourself, and gain so much gratification when you reach your goal…it’s worth every minute of your hard work. And, I’m sure Paul would prefer it if you do. Nancy owns a freight company (or is on the Board of her family’s company), so apparently he likes successful women. So…you go get ’em!!! Remember, “It Don’t Come Easy” but you don’t want to be singing “I Should Have Known Better !”

True, Paul works hard and so should I. He deserves my very best effort. I will smile while I work on it. Thanks!

6 October 2013
1.05pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4608sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s brilliant news, cbatcu! Your colleagues obviously trust you to get it done on time, and so do we. Get it done or you’ll never be able to listen to the Beatles again, got it? And you can’t not ever listen to them again, can you?

Sending positive vibes your way with my super powers :D

Best of luck with it apple01apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

6 October 2013
2.57pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4609sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
That’s brilliant news, cbatcu! Your colleagues obviously trust you to get it done on time, and so do we. Get it done or you’ll never be able to listen to the Beatles again, got it? And you can’t not ever listen to them again, can you?

Sending positive vibes your way with my super powers :D

Best of luck with it apple01apple01

Thanks!

You’re spot on. Life would be a little bit hollow if I knew I could never listen to the Beatles again. I’d be singin’ the Got-No-Beatles-Blues for sure.

I worked hard on it yesterday at home. I am now sitting in my office at 9 am on a Sunday morning about to work on it some more. People won’t start arriving until 12:30 so I have some peace and quite time to work.

7 October 2013
1.49am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4610sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope the work on your submission is going well. We’re all depending on you, cbatcu. None of us want to see the cute puppy die!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 October 2013
2.01am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4611sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Hope the work on your submission is going well. We’re all depending on you, cbatcu. None of us want to see the cute puppy die!

Thanks, mja6758! This merry band of souls has really kept me motivated. I’m about 3/4 through already with a week left to go. Somehow you all have even made me enjoy the process. Each person put their own spin on their words of encouragement. Each one was helpful in its own way.

7 October 2013
2.10am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4612sp_Permalink sp_Print

Been thinking about your musings on Choba sig, shouldn’t that be “music that is…”

And remember…

Z

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 October 2013
1.12pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4613sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Been thinking about your musings on Choba sig, shouldn’t that be “music that is…”

And remember…

Z

I think I really mean “words”. Let’s see if I can explain it. The words themselves aren’t that important. He could be singing “watermelon” or “jubilee” or “cardboard” and it would be the same. It’s just the comforting sound, movement, and rhythm of his voice that I latch onto when listening to that album.

The puppy and I are becoming one.

7 October 2013
6.01pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4614sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
I think I really mean “words”. Let’s see if I can explain it. The words themselves aren’t that important. He could be singing “watermelon” or “jubilee” or “cardboard” and it would be the same. It’s just the comforting sound, movement, and rhythm of his voice that I latch onto when listening to that album.

That’s exactly why I say “music”! His voice is an expression of his reaction to the “music”! Like you’ve just said, it wouldn’t matter whether he was singing the right words or the wrong words of those songs, just how his voice sits on the music. Therefore, I argue, it is the music that offers the framework on which he hangs his voice.

7 October 2013
6.29pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4615sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

cbatcu said

That’s exactly why I say “music”! His voice is an expression of his reaction to the “music”! Like you’ve just said, it wouldn’t matter whether he was singing the right words or the wrong words of those songs, just how his voice sits on the music. Therefore, I argue, it is the music that offers the framework on which he hangs his voice.

I think I get your point, but for some reason I still see the words, not the music, as the scaffold. If there were no words being sung then I couldn’t hear his voice. I will let your idea marinate in my head for a while and see if it sinks in a bit better.

7 October 2013
11.16pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4616sp_Permalink sp_Print

No idea where to post this and if its not allowed then mods delete asap.

Over at Octaner’s blog a 2 volume release Mixomatosis has been re-upped which is fan created remixes derived from Rock Band. Now obviously we all can do these with the mogg files but sometimes its fun to hear what other folks do. Haven’t listen to them all but they sure do sound interesting from the little snatches played so far. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 October 2013
11.20pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

AppleScruffJunior, have you had a chance to get any books through that interlibrary loan program?

How is your history project going?

7 October 2013
11.44pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4618sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who are you, Father McCartney/McKenzie? A few minutes ago you were McKenzie, and now you’re back to McCartney. Be one or the other!

10 October 2013
3.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Image Enlarger

Teens do not have a corner on this market.

10 October 2013
8.20pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4620sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
AppleScruffJunior, have you had a chance to get any books through that interlibrary loan program?

How is your history project going?

Wooops sorry didn’t see your post there :/

History project is going well, Jack Jones book is gold, worth every penny :) Got a battered 2nd hand copy for €5 compared to €13 for a new one. The book has a strange smell that gives me a headache every time I flick the pages though a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Surely that’s a first world problem there

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691