Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
19 October 2013
6.03pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4741sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said
I bloody hate people arguing, parents are at it again ahdn_paul_02 And they wonder why I’m always listening to music, anything that keeps me from hearing yelling every fecking night is a God -send

*hugs*

I know this probably sounds horrible, but I’m waiting for the day my mom gives in and kills my dad. Or leaves him. Then we’ll all have some peace and live happily ever after.

Sending love your way heartheartheart

I use wish that as a teenage, except opposite, wishing it will my dad give in and kill my mom. I could not stand my mother until way after I moved away and she is one of the main reason why I moved out. My parents still argue, but now when my dad complains about her I just say “You married her”. He usually shuts up; thus, its the truth and he has put up with her for almost 30 years. 

Sending love to you two, good luck, and keep your heads up. heartheartheartheart

19 October 2013
6.54pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
4742sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said
I bloody hate people arguing, parents are at it again ahdn_paul_02 And they wonder why I’m always listening to music, anything that keeps me from hearing yelling every fecking night is a God -send

*hugs*

I know this probably sounds horrible, but I’m waiting for the day my mom gives in and kills my dad. Or leaves him. Then we’ll all have some peace and live happily ever after.

It’s a shame that you two wonderful young ladies are living under such trying circumstances. I’m glad you laid some of your burden on us so we can send love your way. I glad you aren’t the type of teens who would just say a-hard-days-night-paul-11 to it all and drop out of trying to make something of your lives. I know you are both working very hard at school.

sky999 and MMM thanks for sharing your stories so that these mates of ours know they aren’t alone in their pain.

sky999, how did you end up reconciling with your mom (if you want to tell us)?

Thinking through this episode with all of you, I am reminded of two of my very earliest memories. My dad was a long-haul truck driver so he was gone every M-F. He drank a lot on weekends. My mom tried to get him to stop. He was never violent, and I never recall any shouting matches between them. Memory one is that no matter how much my mom hated for my dad to drink (she was raised a teetotaler so I really have never understood why she married him), she would take me to the liquor store to get my dad’s favorite whiskey. Memory two is the one time I remember when my mom had me bundled up in a coat with suitcases packed and said she was going to leave with me if he didn’t quit drinking. It’s just a snapshot that flashes back to me when conversations like this arise. I never talk to my mom about it now.

19 October 2013
7.49pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

Ahhh Girl said

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

*hugs*

It’s a shame that you two wonderful young ladies are living under such trying circumstances. I’m glad you laid some of your burden on us so we can send love your way. I glad you aren’t the type of teens who would just say a-hard-days-night-paul-11 to it all and drop out of trying to make something of your lives. I know you are both working very hard at school.

sky999 and MMM thanks for sharing your stories so that these mates of ours know they aren’t alone in their pain.

sky999, how did you end up reconciling with your mom (if you want to tell us)?

Thinking through this episode with all of you, I am reminded of two of my very earliest memories. My dad was a long-haul truck driver so he was gone every M-F. He drank a lot on weekends. My mom tried to get him to stop. He was never violent, and I never recall any shouting matches between them. Memory one is that no matter how much my mom hated for my dad to drink (she was raised a teetotaler so I really have never understood why she married him), she would take me to the liquor store to get my dad’s favorite whiskey. Memory two is the one time I remember when my mom had me bundled up in a coat with suitcases packed and said she was going to leave with me if he didn’t quit drinking. It’s just a snapshot that flashes back to me when conversations like this arise. I never talk to my mom about it now.

Sadly, we didn’t really start making mends until after my brother died because now I am the only child. I think we both realized how short life is and even though I am still hurt from the past, we are willing to work with each other. I think it is also a bit of maturity on both parts. I’ve grown up; therefore, she has come to realize that I am an adult now, I make my own discussions whether she likes them or not. I think we also have come to accept each others personalities. That was the major problem right there, for our personalities always clashed and we could never accept one another. She still annoys me, don’t get me wrong, but its so nice to be peaceful. I am glad I can have phone conversation with her like I did last night.  

19 October 2013
8.29pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4744sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky999 said

Sadly, we didn’t really start making mends until after my brother died because now I am the only child. I think we both realized how short life is and even though I am still hurt from the past, we are willing to work with each other. I think it is also a bit of maturity on both parts. I’ve grown up; therefore, she has come to realize that I am an adult now, I make my own discussions whether she likes them or not. I think we also have come to accept each others personalities. That was the major problem right there, for our personalities always clashed and we could never accept one another. She still annoys me, don’t get me wrong, but its so nice to be peaceful. I am glad I can have phone conversation with her like I did last night.

Here’s hoping the peace remains and the telephone lines/cell towers don’t go down.

19 October 2013
8.41pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

Ahhh Girl said

sky999 said

Here’s hoping the peace remains and the telephone lines/cell towers don’t go down.

Thanks

Luckily, I live near her and hopefully the lines won’t go down unless there is another (Hurricane) Katrina. With Katrina we had makeshift phone booths, which were a set of phones in rows attached to wood, and people would also go to the end of broken bridges because those were the only places they could get signals on their phones. Imagine trying to contact loved ones and insurance companies during this. 

19 October 2013
8.56pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4746sp_Permalink sp_Print

To make this topic a happier one, here’s a fun link: http://www.kwiz.biz/showquiz.p…..izid=13120

“What do The Beatles think of you?”

Here are my results:

John thinks: You’re kind

Paul thinks: You’re sweet

George thinks: I like you*

Ringo thinks: I Wanna Be Your Man !

*I’m in a-hard-days-night-george-10

Also a random experiment I’m conducting: What hand do you write with and who is your favourite Beatle?

Me: Left-handed and George

What about the rest of you lovely things? :)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 October 2013
9.00pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

Right; Paul

Username/Name  sky999
Favourite Colour blue

Age  23
John Thinks you’re loving
Paul Thinks You’re kind
George Thinks Do you want to hear a secret? I love you
Ringo Thinks How did I get stuck with her?
19 October 2013
9.21pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Right handed. Paul.

Hot Dang, Paul. Here I am, baby!

My first 3 lines didn’t copy???  ahhh girl / red/ 45

@sky999, I was thinking about Katrina when I wrote that. I can’t even imagine trying to recover from such devastation. Are things pretty much back to normal for you?

What do the Beatles think of You?
Username/Name  
Favourite Colour  
Paul Thinks he wants to do you
George Thinks Do you want to hear a secret? I love you
Ringo Thinks I wuv you

This QuickKwiz by kariyasangel – Taken 5856 Times.
19 October 2013
10.10pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4749sp_Permalink sp_Print

@AppleScruff and Emily: I’m so sorry for the both of you. I know exactly what you’re going through. My parents are constantly fighting as well, and then all of a sudden they’re smiling and being all lovey dovey with each other. That actually makes me very pissed instead of that’s comforting. Once it got so bad my mom threw his matras down the stairs and yelled, we all woke up and the next day she seriously considered a divorce and did some research on the internet. Then, when I got back from school or work or wherever I was, and my dad came home. They all of a sudden were very friendly with each other. That annoys me. Like, seriously, first you’re keeping your children awake and you come into my room for a bit of comfort and you’re crying and all, and then next day you forgot it all or what? They wouldn’t divorce though. My mom is stuck, financially.

Here I am, on a Saturday night on a forum. One of my so called best friends invited me to come over tonight with another friend, a few days ago. I didn’t really hear from her today so decided to ask if it was still on and then she said her parents had an acquaintance visiting them so no one could come over. That would’ve been okay, hadn’t the other friend tweeted that she had been there already for an hour and they were already watching a movie and stuff. I then ”confronted” her on Whatsapp and said ”I thought you said no one could come?” and she replied with ”No that’s right, that visitor is still here” and I said ”Then why is D. tweeting she is at your place and has been there even before you said no one could come?” After that she remained silent. How stupid is this? If you don’t want me to come over, why invite me in the first place? And how childish is this? She’s 20 for god’s sake.

Maybe I should look for other friends. I’ve had enough of this.

19 October 2013
10.32pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Linde said
@AppleScruff and Emily: I’m so sorry for the both of you. I know exactly what you’re going through. My parents are constantly fighting as well, and then all of a sudden they’re smiling and being all lovey dovey with each other. That actually makes me very pissed instead of that’s comforting. Once it got so bad my mom threw his matras down the stairs and yelled, we all woke up and the next day she seriously considered a divorce and did some research on the internet. Then, when I got back from school or work or wherever I was, and my dad came home. They all of a sudden were very friendly with each other. That annoys me. Like, seriously, first you’re keeping your children awake and you come into my room for a bit of comfort and you’re crying and all, and then next day you forgot it all or what? They wouldn’t divorce though. My mom is stuck, financially.

Here I am, on a Saturday night on a forum. One of my so called best friends invited me to come over tonight with another friend, a few days ago. I didn’t really hear from her today so decided to ask if it was still on and then she said her parents had an acquaintance visiting them so no one could come over. That would’ve been okay, hadn’t the other friend tweeted that she had been there already for an hour and they were already watching a movie and stuff. I then ”confronted” her on Whatsapp and said ”I thought you said no one could come?” and she replied with ”No that’s right, that visitor is still here” and I said ”Then why is D. tweeting she is at your place and has been there even before you said no one could come?” After that she remained silent. How stupid is this? If you don’t want me to come over, why invite me in the first place? And how childish is this? She’s 20 for god’s sake.

Wow, just, wow, Linde. Either the other girl is sending lies in Tweets trying to create an alibi or your “friend” needs a boot up her backside.

I’m glad you have us tonight.

19 October 2013
10.44pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4751sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Linde said

Wow, just, wow, Linde. Either the other girl is sending lies in Tweets trying to create an alibi or your “friend” needs a boot up her backside.

We also make great waffles

19 October 2013
10.46pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4752sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

This is great! We can stay up late, swapping manly stories and in the morning, I’m making waffles!

19 October 2013
11.03pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

I’ll bring the butter and syrup for the waffles if you need me to.

Flowers from the hubby for our anniversary. Our anniversary isn’t actually until Monday, but I won’t be at the library that day. He always loves for me to have the flowers at the library.

Image Enlarger

19 October 2013
11.22pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4754sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love waffles <3

Oh I completely forgot to tell this, but there’s also something good that happened. I got an internship! As part of my Social Work study I have to follow one for 75 hours this year, it’s called ”a sniffing-internship” because it’s only to get introduced to the world of social work and to see what it’s like. Anyway, it’s an internship at Best Buddies, which is a project in which you do activities with lightly mentally disabled people. You also have meetings with the organisation and the other buddies to discuss the process and their behaviour and we also have to keep in touch with our ”clients” via Skype and such. There were only 10 places and I was the first one to get chosen so I was thrilled! 

Monday I’m having an interview for another internship though, one that’s close to home. That’s another project for an organisation called the Children’s Telephone, which is a number children can call when they have problems, whatever problems. It’s completely anonymous and has a chatroom as well. This project is called Peer-to-Peer-project and I guess it’s pretty self-explanatory. I’m actually too old for this project, as they originally didn’t want to hire anyone above 18, but since my siblings are 16 they thought I could be understanding. Ha lucky me. Seems pretty cool too.

I’m going to be so busy. School, my job, my internship..no more time for a social life. Thank God it’s only for a short period.

19 October 2013
11.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Linde said
I love waffles <3

Oh I completely forgot to tell this, but there’s also something good that happened. I got an internship! As part of my Social Work study I have to follow one for 75 hours this year, it’s called ”a sniffing-internship” because it’s only to get introduced to the world of social work and to see what it’s like. Anyway, it’s an internship at Best Buddies, which is a project in which you do activities with lightly mentally disabled people. You also have meetings with the organisation and the other buddies to discuss the process and their behaviour and we also have to keep in touch with our ”clients” via Skype and such. There were only 10 places and I was the first one to get chosen so I was thrilled! 

Monday I’m having an interview for another internship though, one that’s close to home. That’s another project for an organisation called the Children’s Telephone, which is a number children can call when they have problems, whatever problems. It’s completely anonymous and has a chatroom as well. This project is called Peer-to-Peer-project and I guess it’s pretty self-explanatory. I’m actually too old for this project, as they originally didn’t want to hire anyone above 18, but since my siblings are 16 they thought I could be understanding. Ha lucky me. Seems pretty cool too.

I’m going to be so busy. School, my job, my internship..no more time for a social life. Thank God it’s only for a short period.

Congrats! One apple for the internship you landed and one for good luck on getting the other one.apple01apple01 I hope your experiences with both are rewarding. I have a cousin in Arizona who is a social worker. She LOVES it.

19 October 2013
11.33pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4756sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh no I have to pick ONE of them. It’s not like I can do both. I would die lol. 

19 October 2013
11.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Linde said
Oh no I have to pick ONE of them. It’s not like I can do both. I would die lol. 

Oh, ok. Well, I hope you enjoy the one you are involved in in the upcoming weeks.

Edit: yes, now I see that you wrote that you will have *one* for 75 hours.

Dunce cap is on my head.

19 October 2013
11.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

My edit ended up as another post??

I’ll put something different in this one:

For Linde

As I was closing up the library tonight I walked past this set of books:

Image Enlarger

20 October 2013
1.18am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4759sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you!

No problem, it’s over 2.15 am over here, I’m probably not that sharp anymore either.

Yay, at those books! They actually used to use that Groups that work book for one subject. I know that as my ”best friends” are a year above me and the book looks pretty familiar. That’s cool.

20 October 2013
1.36am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4760sp_Permalink sp_Print

“Anyway, it’s an internship at Best Buddies, which is a project in which you do activities with lightly mentally disabled people.”

Before you get into your internship at BB (Best Buddies), Linde, you could practice on us here at BB (Beatles Bible); I think we’re all a bit lightly mentally disabled.blue-meanie

P.S.:  That term “sniffing internship” made me think instantly of this:

John-Lennon-sniffing-coke.jpgImage Enlarger

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe, KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694