Sir Paul McCartney performed the second of two concerts at Montreal’s Bell Centre.
McCartney’s band was Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion, harmonica), Brian Ray (vocals, guitar, bass), Rusty Anderson (vocals, guitar) and Abe Laboriel Jr (vocals, drums).
As is traditional, McCartney responded to a handful of the many signs held up by fans. One woman celebrating her 50th birthday asked him to sign her Sgt Pepper costume. Another sign was held by a pregnant woman and said: “Your smallest fan is in my belly. Sign it and we’ll call him Paul.”
Watch a clip of McCartney performing Yesterday, followed by the on-stage autographs for the fans.
The setlist was largely the same as the previous night’s, though there were some changes. He began with Magical Mystery Tour, substituted Birthday with Got To Get You Into My Life, played Things We Said Today instead of I’m Looking Through You, and added I Saw Her Standing There to the first encore section.
Here’s the full setlist:
- Magical Mystery Tour
- Junior’s Farm
- All My Loving
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Sing The Changes
- The Night Before
- Let Me Roll It
- Paperback Writer
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five
- Let ‘Em In
- Maybe I’m Amazed
- Things We Said Today
- I Will
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I’ve Got A Feeling
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live and Let Die
- Hey Jude
Forthcoming dates in the On The Run tour:
- 31 – Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
- 1 – Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
- 4 – Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati, OH
Also on this day...
- 2008: Neil Aspinall left nearly £7m in his will
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.