Sir Paul McCartney performed the second of two concerts at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, as part of his Up And Coming Tour.
As on the previous night, he performed the 1977 Wings hit Mull Of Kintyre during the second encore. McCartney’s band was joined onstage by the Paris Port Dover Pipe Band.
The show, seen by 16,000 people, was McCartney’s 11th solo concert in Canada. The first took place on 9 May 1976 at the Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. He also played Canadian shows with The Beatles in 1964, 1965 and 1966.
Canada is a great music loving country. I love it. When I was growing up in Liverpool so many people were emigrating to Canada. We would see a lot of friends and family leaving and we’d see them off from the docks. I’ve a lot of relatives and friends who have moved here over the years so it’s always a brilliant place for us to visit.
- Venus And Mars/Rock Show
- ‘All My Loving’
- Letting Go
- ‘Got To Get You Into My Life’
- Let Me Roll It
- ‘The Long And Winding Road’
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let ‘Em In
- My Love
- ‘I’m Looking Through You’
- ‘Two Of Us’
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- ‘Eleanor Rigby’
- Sing The Changes
- Band On The Run
- ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’
- ‘Back In The USSR’
- ‘I’ve Got A Feeling’
- ‘Paperback Writer’
- A Day In the Life/‘Give Peace A Chance’
- ‘Let It Be’
- Live And Let Die
- ‘Hey Jude’
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Outside Lands festival, San Francisco
- 1968: Recording: Not Guilty, Mother Nature’s Son
- 1967: George and Pattie Harrison return from America
- 1965: The Silkie record You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
- 1964: Live: Futurist Theatre, Scarborough
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.