Ringo Starr is to be awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles.
A star for a Starr – what an honor and a privilege it is to be walked on! Peace & Love.
Starr’s was one of 28 names announced by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to receive stars on the Walk of Fame in 2010. Other recipients include Russell Crowe, Randy Newman, Adam Sandler, Van Morrison, Andrea Bocelli and the late Roy Orbison. The 28 were chosen from more than 200 nominations.
Update: Ringo Starr’s star is to be unveiled in a ceremony on 8 February 2010.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Beacon Theatre, New York
- 2010: John Lennon’s handwritten lyrics for A Day In The Life sell for $1.2m
- 2001: Sir Paul McCartney’s coat of arms is granted
- 1973: US single release: Live And Let Die by Wings
- 1968: Première of the In His Own Write stage play
- 1968: George Harrison and Ringo Starr return to England from America
- 1968: Paul McCartney celebrates his 26th birthday at Apple
- 1965: Television: Tonight
- 1965: Radio: BBC European Service
- 1965: Mixing: I’ve Just Seen A Face, I’m Down, It’s Only Love, Act Naturally, Wait, Help!, Yesterday
- 1964: Live: Sydney Stadium, Sydney
- 1963: John Lennon beats up Cavern DJ Bob Wooler at Paul McCartney’s 21st birthday party
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
- 1956: Paul McCartney is given a trumpet for his 14th birthday
- 1942: Paul McCartney is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.