Don’t Worry Kyoko (Mummy’s Only Looking For Her Hand In The Snow), the b-side for ‘Cold Turkey’, the Plastic Ono Band’s second single, was recorded on this day.
The session took place at Lansdowne Studios in London, a new location for John Lennon and Yoko Ono. They never visited the studios again, making this a peculiar one-off. The session times and number of takes are unknown.
Don’t Worry Kyoko had been premièred at the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival festival the previous month. For this studio version the performers were Ono on vocals, Lennon and Eric Clapton on electric slide guitars, Klaus Voormann on bass guitar and Ringo Starr on drums.
The song was mixed in stereo along with Cold Turkey two days later at EMI Studios.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Sonoma Music Festival, Sonoma, California
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Fabulous Fox Theatre, St Louis, Missouri
- 2012: Love Me Don’t: EMI withdraws anniversary single
- 2011: UK album release: Ocean’s Kingdom by Paul McCartney
- 1978: Recording: Rockestra Theme by Wings
- 1975: UK album release: Extra Texture (Read All About It) by George Harrison
- 1968: Recording: Savoy Truffle
- 1966: Brian Epstein denies The Beatles’ split
- 1964: Television: Shindig!
- 1963: Radio: The Public Ear
- 1963: Recording: I Wanna Be Your Man, Little Child
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: The Beatles’ last show at the Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.