A guitar overdub was added to the solo section of Come Together, and vocals, piano, organ and percussion were overdubbed onto Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard.
More overdubs were added to Come Together on the following day. Recording for the other two songs, however, was complete by the end of this 2.30-10.45pm session.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Recording: Hey Jude
- 1967: George Harrison returns to England from Greece
- 1966: Datebook republishes John Lennon’s ‘Jesus’ comments
- 1965: World première of Help!
- 1964: Live: Johanneshovs Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
- 1957: Paul McCartney goes to Scout camp
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.