George Harrison, his wife Pattie and The Beatles’ assistant Mal Evans returned to England from Greece on this day, to prepare for a trip to Los Angeles.
They had been in Greece to visit an island which they intended to purchase. The deal never came to fruition, however.
The Harrisons flew to America on 1 August 1967.
Last updated: 3 January 2011
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording: Come Together, Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard
- 1968: Recording: Hey Jude
- 1966: Datebook republishes John Lennon’s ‘Jesus’ comments
- 1965: World première of Help!
- 1964: Live: Johanneshovs Isstadion, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
- 1957: Paul McCartney goes to Scout camp
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.